Why Some Door Companies Don’t Follow Through With A Quote
In some cases, it’s probably just disorganization. The truth is many home improvement “companies” are started by people who hope it will only take a truck, a mobile phone, and a business card to be successful. They’re not prepared, and it shows in their lack of follow through.
Other companies may not get back to you because their real interest is in selling much bigger jobs: replacement roofs, windows, or siding, etc. They don’t follow through if they have enough business with their more sizeable projects.
But there’s another reason many companies fail to follow through with a quote, and it is the most common reason: simply put, these companies DON’T KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU.
Replacement Doors Are A Specialty And Not Many Companies Do It Well
Here are some examples of what we mean when we say they don’t know how to help you:
- They meet with you hoping that your door will be what they consider a “standard size” (and by that they mean something that matches the limited range of doors they know about and can install). If the door you need fails to fit what they do, they don’t have the expertise to show you doors that will match your opening.
- They also hope that you don’t need customizations or advice on things like distinctive colors, finish types, glass, hardware, accessories, specialty locks, or styles. Their knowledge of customizations is very thin, so they don’t know what to recommend or how to quote it.
- They can’t answer questions about choosing door materials (fiberglass vs wood, for example) and can sometimes give bad advice unknowingly.
What do all these things have in common?
A lack of in-depth door knowledge. And that’s a big problem for homeowners.
If you want or need something outside the narrow range of doors they know how to sell, they can’t (or don’t want to) get involved with the project.
So they just end up just dropping the whole thing and you never hear from them again.
Here’s the good news: you’re actually better off if this kind of door company goes away. The last thing you want is a company that doesn’t know exactly what they’re doing putting a replacement door on your home.
A Solution That Completely Eliminates These Problems
A long time ago, we decided that Today’s Entry Doors would give homeowners something completely different than typical door replacement experiences.
It starts with the fact that doors are the ONLY thing we do. It gives us a depth of door knowledge and installation expertise that has made us the best reviewed door company in Orange County.
- We not only can answer your questions, we WELCOME them.
- We not only can handle customizations, we RECOMMEND them based on what you tell us you want.
- We don’t only sell you a door, we have the EXPERTS that know exactly how to install them to the highest standards.
You don’t have to take our word for it, however. You can “try us out” at no-risk. Go here to schedule a free in-home consultation and quote, and experience what it’s like to deal with an Orange County door company that can help you find a replacement door you’ll absolutely love.
Reach out to us for a quote – we always follow through!