What Is The Most Secure Front Door Material?
When deciding on a new front door, security is undoubtedly high on your list of concerns — as it should be.
Unfortunately, home security is becoming more and more of a concern for, well, more and more homeowners both here, in Orange County, and across the entire nation.
It’s easy to undervalue the importance of something as simple as a door. However, your front door is your first line of defense against intruders. It’s what keeps the unwanted things out. It’s what keeps you and your family safe.
You want a door that’s not just ‘kinda secure’…but REAL SECURE.
Plus, it should look absolutely incredible.
Your Choices When It Comes To Entry Doors
When it comes to entry doors, you have three core door materials to choose from:
- Steel or Metal
- Fiberglass Doors
While security is certainly a factor in choosing a door, it’s not the ONLY factor. There are other things to consider like style, color, features… the list goes on.
The question really becomes, what is the best choice for YOU?
What’s the best choice for your home? Which features levels of security that make it so you sleep EXTRA-soundly at night?
The answer is going to depend on who you ask.
Our Choice For Most Secure Front Door Is…
Here at Today’s Entry Doors, we have over 100 years of cumulative experience under our belts. In the decades of being Orange County’s go-to door installation company, many things have changed. But there is one thing that has stayed constant:
Why Do We Choose Fiberglass?
Because when you invest in a spectacular new entrance for a residential home, there’s more to consider than JUST security.
- Aesthetics — Bank vaults aren’t too inviting.
- Efficiency — Saving energy is a major concern.
- Durability — It shouldn’t dent or decay for decades.
- Longevity — It should last a very long time.
- Maintenance — How much do you want?
- Coverage — You should get a Genuine Lifetime Warranty.
The fiberglass doors from our select manufacturers check all the boxes while also offering World-Class Safety & Security.
But Let’s Not Forget About Installation
If it’s not done right – things could go very wrong. It’s not uncommon for even seasoned door installers to make a mistake.
We like to think of ourselves as Entry Door Scientists”. We understand the dynamics at work when someone tries to force entry through this specific area of your home vs. a window or a different exterior door.
- When someone breaks in through the door, it’s usually because of the door FRAME—Not the locks or the hardware.
- Where are most locking systems attached? To the frame, which is going to be nothing more than a thin piece of wood in most cases. And it might not even be solid wood, but a composite!
- This is why we attach the lock to not just the door frame but the actual sub-structure of your home.
- We add a 16-gauge steel security plate we designed ourselves that’s installed as reinforcement where the lock meets the door, and then this plate is in turn attached to your house frame.
- Then we reinforce the other side, too, using extra-long, high-quality screws in multiple places for each hinge. Not only does that make the hinge-side of the door much stronger, but it helps to keep the door jamb from being spread apart and sagging.
Other Security Features For Your Front Door:
How about triple locking systems? We can help.
How about smart locks or electronic deadbolts? Yep, we can help.
How about heavy-duty keypads instead of conventional key locks? Yes. We. Can.
When working with entry door specialists, we help you strike that perfect balance between convenience, attractiveness, and security.
Give Us A Call: We’re Happy To Answer Your Questions
Want to know more about entry door security? Want to talk about upgraded privacy features for your front door?
If you’re in or directly around the Orange County, CA area, give us a call or submit a consultation request. We’ll answer all of your questions, walk you through every detail, and give you as much time as you need.
Afterward, we can get you scheduled for a visit from our popular mobile showroom.
We can’t wait to hear from you!