Things To Know About A Door Installation Project
Everything You Need To Know About A Door
Installation Project in Southern California
A Hassle-Free and Proven Process
To Get The Door You Love
Our Orange County neighbors only deserve the best of the best when it comes to their replacement door installation. At Today’s Entry Doors, we strive to provide a world-class experience from start to finish.
We offer our valued clients an all-inclusive buying experience, our unique mobile showroom, several financing options, and complete customer satisfaction.
When shopping for a new replacement door in Orange County, CA, there’s a lot to consider. You want to choose a style, color, and size perfect for your home – but aesthetics is just the first step. After you’ve made it through choosing the best product, it’s time to choose an installation team.
But don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. Our team of expert door installers will take care of everything for you throughout the entire process.
Here is our process to ensure that your door installation goes smoothly:
The Day Before Installation
We ask our customers to do three things before installation day:
1. Move furniture out of the way: Your rugs, doormats, plants, and other items will need to be moved so that we can install your new door without any obstacles.
2. Find a temporary place for pets: Pets can understandably be curious and interfere with installation. For their safety and ours, we ask that you make arrangements for them to stay elsewhere for the day.
3. Check the weather report: Knowing the forecast in advance will help prepare you for what to expect temperature-wise while we work.
Once our crew arrives, we’ll do some intensive prep work inside and outside your home.
4. Inspect the area: The first step is to look around and ensure everything is as it should be.
We measure the rough opening, check to ensure the frame is level and plumb, and inspect the surrounding area for potential obstacles. All intended hardware is checked: lockset, handles, butt hinges. In case you have bought a unit in a disassembled form, we will start to put it together.
5. Cover your surfaces: To avoid any mess or damage, we
-Cover all furniture in the room with plastic drop cloths
-If the ceiling is vaulted, use plastic sheeting to protect the surfaces below
-Install a plastic curtain to contain dust and protect against outside elements
6. Remove the old door: The next step is removing your old door and frame. The old lock and hinge pins, and our team will remove the trim so we can lift the door out of the frame.
Pro Tip: The sides of the door, known as the “jambs,” come from the French word for leg, jambe. When you hear someone call the top of the door the “top jamb,” they’re actually using the incorrect terminology. The correct name for the top part is the “header,” while the bottom is called the “sill.”
The Installation Process
After the prep work is complete, we’ll start installing your new door.
8. Insert the new door: The new frame will be inserted into your existing home’s rough framing, ensuring it’s properly aligned. We secure it in place with temporary screws.
9. Hang the door: The next step is to “hang” the door on its hinges. We make sure that the door is level and plumb before moving on.
10. Install the hardware: Once the door is hung, we’ll install the new hardware, such as the lockset, handles, and any other fixtures. We may add trim, and make any necessary touch-ups.
11. Adjust the door: We ensure that the door is aligned correctly in the frame and make any necessary adjustments.
12. Seal the door: We’ll seal the door with caulk and weatherstripping.
13. Test the door: We open and close it several times to ensure it’s working properly.
14. Clean up: The last step is to clean up the work area
The Finishing Touches
15. Review the door: We’ll go over the operation of the door with you and answer any questions you may have.
And that’s it – your new door is installed and ready to enjoy for years. You can add your rugs, doormats, plants, and other items to the area to make it feel like home. Welcome your visitors in style with a new door that complements your home’s aesthetic and keeps your family safe.
Get Started With A Free Consultation For Expert
Door Installation In Orange County, CA
Ready to get a new replacement door for your Orange County, CA home? Choose the local experts that know how to get the job done right.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you for choosing us to install your new door. We hope that it brings you joy for many years to come.
Schedule a free consultation today or call us at (714) 974-5728.