Selecting The Best Door For Your Home
Don’t Settle For Entry Doors That Are “Good Enough.” Let Us Help You Find The Perfect Entry Doors For You.
Your home should be a collection of things you love, and that includes your entry doors. They should both serve your home in a practical sense and have the look that you want for the front of your home. But it can be difficult to find the right door for your home. You need to find the right door and the right installation crew to install the door. How can you ensure that you get it all right?
Why Your Entry Door Matters
Your entry door makes a big first impression of your home on guests, passers-by, and homebuyers. If your porch is the face of your home, your entry door is the mouth of the home, both in appearance and practicality. A beautiful entry door stands out…but so does an old, faded entry door. What kind of impression do you want to make?
It also plays a key role in the security of your home. Your entry door protects your home from the elements, but it also protects your home from intruders. The locks you use, the durability of the door material and the position of the hinges all impact how secure your home is.
What To Look For In Your Entry Door
The choice to find the right entry door is not one to be taken lightly, but what is it you should look for when it comes to your entry door? If you want the best entry door for your home, here are a few traits you’ll need to keep in mind:
The Right Look
Style is subjective, but it’s still important. You want your entry door to be beautiful to you and to fit within the style that you have in mind for your home. And it’s important if you decide to sell your home down the road, as well. As we stated before, your entry doors make a distinct impression. A stylish front door will be sure to boost your curb appeal.
It’s not enough to have a front door that looks great in the moment. It should also be a front door that stands up to the elements without swelling, warping, or rotting. The right entry door should stand for years to come without demanding frequent maintenance from you.
This ties into durability. The stronger your entry door is, the better it can serve to protect your home from intruders. For instance, steel and fiberglass entry doors are remarkably difficult to kick down. The right locks or deadbolts will also help to make your door — and your home — more secure.
How well does your entry door seal your entryway, keeping conditioned air from escaping or outside air from getting in? An energy efficient door will not only look beautiful, but it will help to lower your heating and cooling bills.
The Right Installation Team
Even the perfect door means nothing without a good installation crew to install it. You need an experienced crew who are experts when it comes to door installation and the specific doors that they install. That’s why at Today’s Entry Doors, we install all the doors we sell.
Replacement Entry Door Options
So you know what to look for when it comes to choosing the right entry doors, but what are your options? When it comes to material or brand, how do the different entry doors stack up? Here are the main entry door materials:
- Wood. Wood has been a classic door material for years. It has a beautiful authentic elegance as well as good thermal performance…when it’s in shape. Unfortunately, wood needs to be constantly stained in order to keep from swelling, warping, or rotting, and the upkeep can be costly…as can the upfront cost of the materials.
- Steel. Steel was presented as an alternative to wood. In the first days of steel doors, most looked cold and metallic. However, steel doors have evolved over the years and now can be made to resemble wood while offering more durability. But steel can still rust and paint can begin to bubble or peel from steel entry doors.
- Fiberglass. Fiberglass doors have become more and more popular in recent years. Fiberglass doors can be designed to take on the look of wood and even fool the homeowners who use the door. However, they’re as strong as steel and more hardy and energy efficient than wood doors. Fiberglass doors will offer the security, energy efficiency, and style that you want for decades to come.
As far as the right brands and manufacturers to choose, there are a number of viable options. A 2014 survey by Statista(1) showed that the most used entry door manufacturer by far was Therma-Tru, followed by JELD-WEN. These brands have proven themselves across the country as reliable manufacturers of sturdy, beautiful entry doors.
Tips For Choosing the Right Entry Door
So how do you get started on your search for the right entry doors? Do your research.
- Research door trends. Chances are styles might have changed since your last entry door purchase. Take a look at what the trends are now, and what trends you like for your own home.
- Get recommendations. Ask friends, neighbors, family and coworkers where they got their entry doors, and do your research to ensure their recommendations are backed by largely positive reviews.
- Take measurements. Figure out the size of the door you need, and be precise. A door that’s too large or too small can cause major issues for your home.
- Schedule a consultation. Your consultation with Today’s Entry Doors is free and will allow us to get a sense of your entry door needs.
Don’t just settle for any entry door. Make sure you choose the right entry door from Today’s Entry Doors. Contact us today for more information or to set up a free consultation to get started.
Most used entry doors of 2014 – Statista