There Are Tons Of Different Options For Entry Doors. Find One That Matches Your Style, Delivers On Energy Efficiency, AND Provides Security.
If you’re online shopping around for a new replacement entry door, or really diving into product research in general, we have one important question…
“Are you confused or overwhelmed yet?”
Not only are there thousands of options and armies of manufacturers around the world, but near endless more options in terms of hardware, accessories, and styling. Let’s not forget about all the conflicting information thanks to marketing nonsense.
Here’s another question,
“Have you tried doing the Big Box hardware or home improvement store thing yet?”
It’s not uncommon by any means for homeowners to walk out of those stores more unsure than when they walked in (holding plenty of brochures and paperwork). Employees aren’t typically going to be door specialists, they’re customer service orientated and at best sales staff.
So folks like you end up here, online looking for the ‘Best Type of Door For Exterior’ portals in your home without much guidance – a potential nightmare scenario.
We’re Today’s Entry Doors, and we’ve been installing NOTHING but doors in homes here in the Orange County, CA area for years. Let’s go through a few points to help you start weighing options.
Why Fiberglass is the Best Type of Door for Exterior
To kick this off, let’s quickly go through why we feel, after over 30 years of ‘We’re your Doors-Only Doors Specialists’ experience, fiberglass is our choice material for the best type of door compared to steel or wood.
- Steel: You simply can’t do some things with steel that you can do with wood or fiberglass outside one-of-a-kind custom doors or super-high price points. Steel can be gorgeous in the right contexts, stunning, but generally speaking it’s not as attractive so it will have less of the aesthetic value that’s so important with entry doors.
- Wood: With wood you can get unmatched beauty and custom styling, BUT, unless you go extremely high-end most wooden entry doors will not have the durability you need (or the convenience of ultra-low maintenance) – hence their short warranties.
Modern fiberglass doors on the other hand, are designed to essentially cover every base Orange County homeowners care about.
- Fiberglass: From being impervious to moisture and industry-leading in energy efficiency, to highly resistant to UV, weather, wear and tear, they’ve got it all. Plus, they won’t rust like steel or fall victim to insects. When you invest in fiberglass entry doors you’re simply going to get much more value-per-dollar when everything is said and done.
Assuming you agree, or are at least interested in investigating this fiberglass claim further, let’s look at examples for energy efficiency, home value, and long-lasting performance. All these doors are based on what we carry and install for our Greater Orange County customers.
Best Entry Doors for Energy Efficiency
Being a Southern Californian homeowner in the 2020s means energy efficiency is a top priority. With Today’s Entry Doors you know you’re going to get ONLY efficient, high-caliber doors to choose from.
We only sell and install fiberglass doors from these three specific door brands.
- Jeld-Wen: an ENERGY STAR® Partner since 1998, with a host of sustainable manufacturing processes, complete supply chain transparency, and environmental initiatives. The company is a leader in reducing VOC emissions and employing recycled materials for their world-renowned entry doors.
- Masonite: another long-time ENERGY STAR® partner with transparent manufacturing data for their entry doors meeting/exceeding both Ufactor and SHGC qualifications criteria in all 50 states, and in accordance with the IECC.
- Therma-Tru: an ENERGY STAR® partner who also certifies their doors with the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC). Their polyurethane foam cores, energy-efficient glass, and complete door systems help make them an incredible option!
Best Entry Doors For Security
As an example of a high-quality option that fits into the best entry doors for security category, we have this IWP® Aurora® Fiberglass Exterior Door from Jeld-wen.
For homeowners like you, it’s about getting a door that provides peace of mind without sacrificing on style or function. How does fire-rated, with hardware options in bronze, brass, or chrome sound? For the hinge finishes you can go with stainless steel or satin nickel as well, combined with the cutting-edge Insignia Door System (meaning meticulously machined by hand).
“Expertly crafted to look virtually indistinguishable from solid wood, right down to the knots and other character marks, JELD-WEN® IWP® Aurora® Fiberglass doors feature dozens of luxurious woodgrain finishes, incomparable hardware and glass options, and the durability to stand up to any climate.”
Not just climate, fiberglass doors are insanely strong. We’re talking tremendously reinforced and strengthened plastic you could probably hit with a dump truck and only barely dent. In some contexts, fiberglass is stronger than metal by weight (while being less expensive to manufacture).
Best Entry Doors For Home Value
Until you’re in the market for entry doors for the first time, you probably don’t know this but,
“A new premium-quality front door actually provides the highest ROI in increased home value out of the common remodeling projects with over 90%!”
But why? Aside from the security issues, because front doors are centerpieces. They become one of the primary focuses of your home’s entire aesthetic! This is why it’s essential to work with a company who understands the way your door must compliment the overall architectural styles, colors, and glass themes in your home.
Thing is, beauty is only skin deep. Orange County home buyers will be delighted to hear your door was installed by Today’s Entry Doors, it’s fiberglass, energy-star rated, and manufactured by an industry titan.
Best Longest Lasting Entry Doors
Should you and your Today’s Entry Doors specialist decide it best to invest in a complete door system, Therma-Tru is our go-to for the best longest lasting entry doors with demanding and meticulous installation standards.
These are the complete polar opposite of big box systems, or hodgepodge door systems some of our competitors would try and cobble together for you. Don’t worry, you’ll be walked through each and every step, as well as every piece of the project line by line.
“Therma-Tru manufactures or specifies every aspect – from the glass to the hinges – all engineered with craftsman precision for durability and reliability through the years, that we back with our warranty.”
Get Help When Choosing The Best Type of Door For Exterior
If you live in the Orange County area, or really any surrounding community and would like to learn more about your options with Today’s Entry Doors – Get In Touch – it’s quick and easy.
We’ll be happy to answer any followup questions you might have, quell any lingering concerns, and just brighten your day! We very much look forward to hearing from you and learning about your entry door needs.